Friday, July 10, 2015

As Expected, Cuban and Company were not at all delighted with DJ's Actions

Mark Cuban and the Mavs got spurned by a player they thought would be their future franchise player.
Image Source: http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/20110227-mark_cuban_insider_trading_basketball.jpg.ece/BINARY/original/Mark_Cuban_Insider_Trading_Basketball.jpg


   When DeAndre Jordan had a change of heart and decided to go back to the Clippers, no one really questioned him for doing so because he had all the right and freedom to do so. Yet, what everyone didn't like was on how he disrespected the Mavs by not even informing them about his decision. I mean, what was so difficult about showing and giving some respect to a team that wanted him so bad that they planned on building the team around him? NOTHING. To simply put, Mr. DeAndre Jordan could have easily handled things WAY BETTER than how he did. Unfortunately, he didn't. As a result, I couldn't blame Mark Cuban and Chandler Parsons for blatantly expressing their dismay over what DJ did. These were their comments.

Chandler Parsons: (source: Sbnation.com)
Parsons said Jordan "wasn't ready to be a franchise player," and he didn't stop there:
"I'm shocked, very disappointed, frustrated, disrespected. This is something that I've never seen in my career, and I know that it doesn't happen very often. When a man gives you his word and an organization his word, especially when that organization put in so much effort and I walked him through this process and was very, very open and willing to work with him, it's just very unethical and disrespectful."

Mark Cuban: (source: yahoo sports)


Dear Mavs fans.
There will be a time when I detail everything I know regarding the last 48 hours.
I don't think the time is right to say anything beyond the facts that he never responded to me at all yesterday. Not once. To this minute I have not heard anything from him since Tuesday night.
More importantly, I specifically told Wes that I would not hold him to his commitment if he wanted to go elsewhere. I can't print his exact response, but suffice it to say he is excited to play for our Mavs:) Wes Matthews is exactly the type of player we want in a Mavs uniform and our fans will love him
He will be in Dallas today so if you see him give him an MFFL welcome
+letsgomavs !
And Dust On !









No comments:

Post a Comment